Monday, January 3, 2011

{ the christmas decor }

My dad and I were playing around with the saw (probably not a very safe idea) and decided to cut some triangular pieces. I have a "thing" about symmetry, so I was trying to step outside my comfort box and create something that wasnt SO symmetrical.




I went shopping at my home-away-from-home (the Hob) and was fascinated by the yoyos. I bought a pack of pre-made yoyos and used them as ornaments. I am IN LOVE with the yoyos. One of my friends (who obviously pays more attention when I talk than I think she does) gave me a yoyo making kit for my birthday!!!! So fun!!!!



I would like to introduce you to Tommy. Tommy, the penguin. If you know me at all, you probably know that there is very little I love more than a penguin in winter attire. Since I was truly embracing the handmade Christmas, I made him into an ornament for an ornament party I attended. I had a hard time letting go of him. Hes just soooooooooo cute! He started as a wooden egg that I painted. Then I glued some felt on him for his arms and legs and beak. Then.........I added some ribbon for his scarf. I will tell you (just to set your mind at ease) that he now resides at the home of a good friend of mine. I know she will take good care of him.

No comments:

Post a Comment