Sunday, February 15, 2009

{ the AC/DC shadowbox }

I thought this one was so cool! A co-worker asked me if I could shadowbox some items for her husband's Valentine's present. I love getting to do crafty things for people, so I accepted the challenge. The background is a shirt she bought the night before thinking it would look nice in the box. Now, I have to admit something. When she asked me to do the shadowbox, she didn't mention adding a shirt! And those are not easy to sew down to the mat (you know, making sure it is folded evenly....yipes!!!). So, the afternoon she brought me the items, I visited "The Hob" for the second time that week. I was looking for an easy way to incorporate the shirt. Well, after Rolodexing through my mind all of the possibilities, I decided to take a shadowbox apart. I put the mat inside the shirt....and the rest is history. I think this frame looked so neat with the shirt as the background.

At the bottom are the concert tickets and the band's latest CD. Now, I know it doesn't look centered...but a picture that she doesn't have yet is going on the other side of the CD.

I was really proud of this one! Let me know what you think!
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment