Saturday, January 17, 2009

{ the concert }

For Christmas, I gave my sister the BEST present ever!!!! She absolutely LOVES Celine Dion! So, I bought her (us) tickets to her Birmingham concert. Well, it was last night, and we had the best time. That is until we got back to my car when the concert was over!

I had a flat tire! Now, I can handle most situations without losing my cool (and I have a lot of cool!)....but having a flat tire at 11 p.m. in a bad part of a city that I am not familiar with....YIPES! I was fine while I was "trying" to change the tire. It was the ride back to Tupelo that made me a nervous wreck.

Now, you know it was an extremely cold night...12 degrees! I told Jessica to get out of the car because if a kind Samaritan was going to stop, he would be more likely to stop if he saw TWO damsels in distress.

And it worked! But you will never guess who stopped to help....one of Celine's tour buses!

Okay, that's not true. But I was secretly hoping she would ride by and want to help; then Jessica and I would get to meet her and then I would have this great story to tell for the rest of my life. But it never happened, and I guess I'm okay with that!

Anyway, these guys whose job it is to help in these type situations drove by at the very moment I had gotten the lug nuts loosened. But he had a floor jack...whatever that is. He changed my tire. So in ten minutes, Jessica and I were leaving the big city of Birmingham without a run-in with Celine Dion.

Other than the flat tire, the night was awesome. If you have never seen her perform, I highly recommend it. I had a great time...and I know Jessica had the time of her life...

Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment